Welcome to the Centre for Advanced Studies
The Centre for Advanced Studies was established in January 2010 to provide a centre of international excellence in the Arts and Social Sciences.
The key ambitions for CAS are to:
- enhance the research culture within the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences
- provide leadership on key challenges and strategic themes
- promote interdisciplinarity and serve as a bridge between researchers inside and outside the Faculties
- drive forward the internationalisation of the research environment (including collaborations with overseas campuses)
- aid the adoption of research-led knowledge transfer and widen the potential impact of research
- enable post-graduates and early career researchers to engage in the Faculties’ research culture
To this end, CAS champions key research clusters and partnerships within its annual programme of activities to help build research capacity, and supports emerging research areas at Nottingham (link to current themes here).
CAS offers a number of funding opportunities to support the growth of new research activities and can also offer the services of its established Research and Business Development staff and Funding Office to help the development of research projects.
These web pages offer an introduction to CAS and our research development and support services. If you do not find the information you are looking for please email our administrator Allison Pearson or call her on 0115 95 14838.
Summer 2016: this site is currently being redesigned, please check back for updated information.
- A09 Highfield House
- (A09, HH)
- 19 - 21/04/2017
- The University of Nottingham
- BASAS 2017 will be hosted by the University of Nottingham's Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies (IAPS) and Nottingham Trent University's Postcolonial Studies Centre.
See all events
- The Nottingham Interdisciplinary Centre for Economic and Political Research (NICEP) 2017 conference will be held at the University of Nottingham, UK on June 19-20, 2017.
- Helping to address China's skills shortage in its contemporary screen industries.
- The fifth annual Nottingham postgraduate conference in Politics and International Relations will be held on Thursday 15 June 2017.
See all news