Welcome to the Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies
The Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies (IAPS) was created to provide a focus for interdisciplinary research and teaching on Asia.
Based in the School of Politics and International Relations, IAPS provides an interdisciplinary forum for academic discussions on politics, economics and social developments in Asia. Our interdisciplinary research and teaching programmes are informed by the members of IAPS' long standing engagement with the region.
Under its Director, Professor Katharine Adeney, IAPS welcomes proposals to form external networks and collaborations. Members of staff currently work with (among others) the Royal United Services Institute, the University of the Philippines, the Australian National University, the University of Bristol, the University of Edinburgh, Delhi University, Hyderabad University, Burdwan University and the London School of Economics.
- 11 (09:00) - 22 September 2017 (17:00)
- The University of Nottingham
- 21 September 2017 (09:00-17:00)
- University of Nottingham
See more institute activities
- The Institute of Asia and Pacific Studies has awarded funding to Politics and International Relations doctoral candidate Francis Domingo to support his attendance at a conference in Hong Kong.
- 22 June 2017
- The School of Politics and International Relations is pleased to announce that Filippo Boni has successfully defended his PhD thesis on Civil-Military relations in Pakistan: A case study of Sino-Pakistani ties 2001-2016.
- 09 June 2017
See more news