Alumni to alumni mentoring
"The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves" – Steven Spielberg
What is mentoring?
At the University you can take part in mentoring as a mentor or as a mentee. Mentoring for The University of Nottingham is really flexible, can be done from work or home, and anywhere in the world, plus it can easily fit into your schedule.
As a mentor, our mentoring scheme allows you to connect with students or fellow alumni and share your expertise.
As a mentee, we’ll find the right mentor to help you hone your skills and progress in your career.
What is a mentee?
As a Nottingham graduate you have access to a wide range of knowledge and experience from fellow alumni. Becoming a mentee will be perfect for you if you're:
- A young professional
- Looking to progress in your career or considering a career change
- Curious about other industries where your skills and expertise may be transferable
- Looking for advice from a fellow member of your Nottingham alumni community
Find out more about being a mentee
Our autumn 2017 mentoring programme has now closed for new applications. If you've applied already, we'll contact you by the end of September, with the programme starting in October.
Our next alumni mentoring programme will begin in spring 2018 - applications open in January.
Mentoring timeline for Autumn 2017
- Wednesday 12 July - Scheme opens
- Friday 8 September - Deadline for applications
- Friday 29 September - Successful applicants contacted
- Week commening Monday 9 October - Compulsory mentoring webinar workshop via Adobe Connect
- Monday 16 October - Mentoring programme begins - mentees to contact mentors
- Mid November - First check in
- Early January 2018 - Second check in
- End of January 2018 - Programme close
Data protection information
All information is held securely on the University’s central database and will be treated confidentially and with respect in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless you tell us otherwise the data may be used for events programmes, alumni activities involving academic and administrative departments, fundraising programmes and for the promotion of benefits and services, which may involve an element of direct marketing. The data will not be disclosed to any external organisations, other than those acting as agents of the university. This may include organisations such as the Higher Educational Survey Agency (HESA).
If you do not wish you information to be used in this way please write to the Campaign Office or email DatabaseEnquiries@nottingham.ac.uk
Got a question?
If you are interested in mentoring and would like to speak to a member of our team:
- Call us: +44 (0)115 951 3680
- Email us: email@example.com
Other ways to get involved