The Centre provides a wide-ranging, inclusive forum for the discussion and dissemination of relevant, impactful research in the area. It is a unique collaboration between all stakeholder groups in financial services and works with a network of practitioners and academics at Nottingham, across the UK and internationally.
We seek to enhance understanding of:
• Consumer financial behaviour and any developments in the financial services sector and global economy that are likely to have profound implications for financial services consumers and their interactions with financial services markets.
• The analysis of the performance and efficiency of banks and the international regulation of banks
• Insurance, including management , performance measurement, accounting and regulation of insurance companies
• Risk management in insurance and other financial services industries;
• Risk and risk management generally (including, for example risk perception; and the theory of risk); and risk management in non-financial services industries.
• Regulatory and policy developments in financial services and related impacts on consumers, institutions and markets.
• Global and cultural perspectives on financial services with a particular focus on Islamic banking and finance
• Other issues in the sector that are likely to have a profound impact on financial services consumers, markets and/or institutions.