The Ingenuity Lab
Ingenuity Lab aims
The Ingenuity Lab’s mission is to create an environment where students and alumni of The University of Nottingham can explore ideas and start their own enterprises. We aim to:
- Create a stimulating culture of ideas generation and exploration
- Establish a dynamic community of student and alumni entrepreneurs
- Offer support, advice and mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs and specialist consultants
- Offer a range of products and services to support business formation and development
- Develop a physical space from where to inspire and grow new enterprise
Why join the Ingenuity Lab?
If you have an interest in ideas related to business, whether it’s a fully commercial venture or a social enterprise, then the Ingenuity Lab is where you need to be. Our ambition is to create an innovative community of entrepreneurs, working together to develop ideas, encourage radical innovation and produce exciting new start-ups.
The Ingenuity Lab's ethos is about exploration, co-operation and collaboration, striving to produce innovative solutions to social/market problems. The aim is to create products and services that are not only fit for purpose but offer a different perspective and approach.
The Ingenuity Lab focuses on two main areas: The Ingenuity Lab community will bring members together in order to develop peer-to-peer networks as well as offer a regular timetable of events to challenge perceptions, offer greater understanding, and develop the practice of entrepreneurship. And secondly, enterprise start-up activity will support great ideas from competitions and surgeries through to structures that accelerate your ideas into the market place towards entrepreneurial success.
Ingenuity Lab membership includes
Space to work:
- Use of the Ingenuity Lab work room
- Use of the Ingenuity Lab lounge
- Access to Ingenuity Lab meeting rooms as well as the bridge meeting space and other facilities of the University of Nottingham Innovation Park (UNIP)*
- Free phone, fax and printing facilities (reasonable usage policy applies)
- Use of the Ingenuity Lab as a business address (conditions apply)
- Daily lockers to keep your belongings secure
*some charges may apply for UNIP services.
- Mentoring from industry experts (as available)
- Seminars, how to guides and advice surgeries
- Legal and contracts
- IP and patents
- Sales and marketing
- Accounts and formation
- Investment advice
Business development opportunities:
- Business start-up grants (as available)
- PR and marketing opportunities for your business
- Ingenuity Prize (annual competitions for undergraduates, postgraduates and alumni)
Community events (new for 2015):
- Peer-to-peer socials
- Disruptive debates
- Industry challenges
- Market data and intelligence
For more information about memberships and to register your interest in joining the Ingenuity Lab please go to our registration page.
The Ingenuity Lab is located in the Sir Colin Campbell Building which spans Triumph road and links Jubilee Campus with the University of Nottingham Innovation Park. Please see the Jubilee Campus map to find us.