MSc Operations ManagementThe School offers five closely-related MSc courses in the fields of Operations Management attracting students from many countries.
- MSc in Operations Management
- MSc in Operations Management and Manufacturing Systems
- MSc in Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
- MSc in Supply Chain and Operations Management
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
We welcome applications from graduates in engineering, management, and related disciplines. The courses are suitable for you if you want to pursue a career in operations management whether or not you have a first degree in a closely related area. The full-time courses require a major individual dissertation project that is undertaken in the summer, and is intended to integrate knowledge, methodology, and practical skills. We encourage our students to present their findings as conference papers or journal articles.
Previous graduates have entered career areas such as Continuous Improvement, IT, Operations Management, Consultancy, Pharmaceuticals, Supply Chain/Logistics, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Planning and Production Management. Some graduates have also gone into self-employment.
Students must select 180 credits in total.
- Introduction to Managing Operations
- Quality Management and Quality Techniques
- Supply Chain Planning and Management
- Design of Operations Facilities and Systems
- Management Science for Decision Support
- Operations Strategy
|Group A||Group B||Group C||Group D|
Each Student must choose at least 30 credits of modules from Groups A and B, including at least 10 credits from each, plus further module(s) to make up a total of forty credits from any of Groups A, B, C or D across Semesters One and Two.
1 Only one of Performance Measurement and Lean Techniques (N14C23) and Lean Manufacturing (MM4LMA) may be selected.
2 Only one of Finance and Accounting (N14G02) and International Accounting (N14B28) may be selected.
Operation Management Research Dissertation (60 credits).
* Not all optional modules will necessarily run each session.