PhD subject group - Marketing
The Marketing group is one of the largest and most distinguished groups of marketing academics in Europe and has an enviable research track record.
Members of the group have strong links with Nottingham’s campuses in China and Malaysia, connecting staff with international researchers and offering distinct advantages to our doctoral students.
We have long established expertise in services and relationship marketing and consumer research, as well as particular strengths in finance and tourism marketing.
Our academics are leaders in their fields and many hold respected posts outside the University, including editorships of leading journals.
Our excellent reputation for high quality research attracts funding from research councils, government departments, and business and non-profit enterprises.
Balancing strong research with a passion for teaching, the Marketing group leads seven core research themes.
Priority research areas
- consumer research and the dynamics between consumption, markets and society
- value co-creation, consumer/customer learning and resource integration
- product and service innovation management
- services marketing, including financial services and tourism
- networks and inter-firm relationships
- advertising and communications
- marketing metrics, analytics, behaviour and big data
Professor Caroline Tynan - Divisional Research Director (Marketing)