Welcome to the Centre for Economic and Business History
The CEBH has a broadly defined mission to promote research leadership in the business and academic communities on issues related to any aspect of economic and business history widely defined. Research interests range across key areas such as financial performance and accounting issues, business regulation, business culture, trading communities, networks; tourism, the history of industrial relations, transport history, corporate governance, gendered work, emerging markets and globalisation. Disseminating its work through a variety of activities such as publications, seminars and conferences, the CEBH aims to promote the comparative analysis of international business organisation based on cross-disciplinary methodologies and over different chronological eras and spatial contexts.
- College Court, University of Leicester
- A free one-day conference for arts and humanities early career researchers (and potential researchers) at the six universities of the Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership, sponsored by the British Academy.
- A21 Trent Building (Council Room)
- An event hosted by the Centre for Economica Business History and the Institute for Medieval Research. This workshop will discuss medieval borough court research.
See all events
- Prof. Stephen Hodkinson has been awarded an Economic and History Society prize.
- Confirmed speakers for 'The Business of Slavery' conference September 2014
See all news