The Equality and Diversity Committee
The equality and diversity committee (EDC) has been established in the School of Chemistry in order to:
- develop and deliver the Equality and Diversity Policy of the School
- raise awareness of gender and equality issues across the school
- engage with the Athena Charter
- improve and maintain the frameworks for those on maternity leave or career breaks
- improve mentoring, career development opportunities and representation for all staff in the School
The committee meets frequently and has representation from all areas in the School. If you have any ideas or issues related to the working environment in the School of Chemistry that you would like EDC to consider you may raise them with any member of the committee either in person or via email.
The EDC presently consists of the following members representing all activities in the School.
Steve Howdle (Chair)
David Chambers Asman