Life Cycle is a series of charity cycling challenges undertaken by the Vice Chancellor and a team of riders, with corresponding community events (sponsored rides) which also help to raise money for charity.
Life Cycle aims to raise awareness of and galvanise support for Impact: The Nottingham Campaign by raising money for individual campaign projects.
Previous Life Cycles have raised funds for The Sue Ryder Care Centre for Research on Supportive, Palliative and End of Life Care, Nottingham Potential and Stroke Rehabilitation Research.
The Life Cycle brand
The brand was developed to create an identity which is quickly and easily recognisable by the general public, and which emphasises the strong community engagement element of the sponsored rides.
Although Life Cycle is part of the ongoing process of engagement for Impact: The Nottingham Campaign, its standalone identity maintains a separation of the two should the event continue after the Impact Campaign closes.
- Local residents and wider general public
- Current and former University of Nottingham staff
- Current students at The University of Nottingham
- Individual donors
- Corporate supporters
Marketing communications mix:
- Campaign website
- Print collateral - brochures, leaflets, posters
- Exhibition and display stands
- Outdoor banners
- Student-targeted communications - intranet, portal, plasma screens, enewsletters
- Staff-targeted communications - In The Loop, Registrar's Newsletter, Vice-Chancellor's email
- E-shots - emails, enewsletters
- Social media activity, including blog posts