Events for PR purposes are part of the marketing communications mix. They can form part of an integrated marketing plan or campaign and they have clearly defined objectives and targets.
Corporate events are held for a variety of reasons, including:
- launching a new facility or service
- engaging with the local community
- celebrating an achievement, milestone or anniversary
Corporate marketing team
The corporate marketing team provide marketing and promotional support for selected University events. Other core activities in this area include:
- Facilitating artwork design and producing printed and digital promotional collateral
- Liaising with other colleagues in Marketing, Communications and Recruitment to plan and deliver internal and external communications
- Supporting social media activity to promote events
The University's corporate events programme is managed and delivered by the Corporate Events team, who are part of the Campaign and Alumni Relations Office.
For enquiries related to the organisation and delivery of events, rather than marketing support for them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org