Equality and Diversity in the School of Computer Science
We work hard to provide an environment that allows staff and students to thrive and excel in their education and career alike. The culture of the School suppports equality, diversity and inclusivity and actively encourages a better representation throughout the staff and student base.
The Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity (EDI) committee has been set up to oversee specific activities that are focussed on furthering the EDI principles in support of staff and students.
Our work is framed by and embedded in the University's Commitment to EDI principles.
• Contribute towards achievement of the University’s equality objectives
• Set and oversee work towards School of Computer Science-specific equality objectives
•Undertake relevant charter mark activities at departmental level including Athena Swan, including the delivery of the Athena Swan action plan
• Work toward a representative workforce who experience equal opportunities and outcomes
• Work toward a representative student body who experience equal opportunities and outcomes • Work towards diverse representation on all School committees
• Share good practice throughout the School
• Ensure due regard to the public sector equality duty
• Raise and/or resolve issues of EDI concern• Support and contribute to the Faculty EDI activities and programme
• Champion an ‘always-inclusive’ culture, including facilitating widespread visibility and accessibility of the Faculty’s values, vision and specific activities to progress EDI.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting Minutes
23 February 2017
25 May 2017