Two-day programme focusing on training to provide the participants with a comprehensive synopsis of the tools needed to effectively manage employee performance towards achieving organisational success. The course delivery includes presentations, discussions, case studies and role plays designed to assist participants in applying these concepts at their workplaces.
For HR Managers/Executives, SME owners and line managers of key functional areas.
After completing this programme, you will:
- Understand the performance management process and its key characteristics.
- Understand benefits of performance management and know how their performance contributes to employee development and organisational success.
- Know your roles and responsibilities in managing employees performance and expectations.
- Utilise gained skills to improve own level of performanceUtilise gained skills to assist others to achieve satisfactory standards of performance and support their career development.
Dr Maniam Kaliannan
Dr Maniam Kaliannan is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Management at NUBS Malaysia. He has been a lecturer and trainer for the past 20 years and his areas of expertise include human resource management, public sector project management, leadership and change management.
show/hide full profile...
He has conducted various corporate and government training programmes for both middle level and senior management teams for organisations in Malaysia and overseas. These include Boustead Holdings Berhad, Employee Provident Fund (EPF), MATRADE, MAMPU, Telekom Brunei, Tranglo (M) Sdn. Bhd.
On the academic front, he has presented and published his research extensively in international conferences and referred journals. He is also a Malaysian Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) Certified Trainer.
Module 1 – Introduction to Performance Management
- Terms and definitionsImportance of performance management to an organisation
- Importance of performance management to an employee's career development
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Major performance initiatives
Module 2 – Getting Started
- Overview of performance management system
- Performance planning
- Your role as an appraiser or reviewer
- Getting SMART targets
- Agreeing to development needs
- Aligning individual and organisation needs
Module 3 – Development of PMS
- Performance Management Cycle
- Performance planning
- Project-based Goals
- Assigning weights to KPIs and target setting
- Why is establishing Performance Measurements so important
- Category of Performance Measures
- Types of Key Performance Indicators
Module 4 – Implementation of PMS
- Performance planning – Competencies
- Core and functional competencies
- Identification of core competencies for your organisation, industry
- Levels of competencies
Module 5 – Performance Management and Employee Development
- Performance Management and Employee Career Planning - roles of appraisee
- Performance Management and Employee Career Development - roles of appraiser
- Key steps towards establishing effective employee development strategies
- Issues and Challenges
Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) is one of the world’s leading providers of business, finance and management education. We provide outstanding teaching programmes and support that enable our students at our schools in the UK, China and Malaysia to excel in a global environment.
We are a large and culturally diverse school, with 40 full-time academic staff, from countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, India and the United Kingdom and over 1,000 foundation, undergraduate, and postgraduate students.