Welcome to the Centre for the Study of Social and Global Justice
The Centre for the Study of Social and Global Justice (CSSGJ) was created to provide a focus for research and teaching in relation to the most fundamental question facing us as citizens: how should we live?
Based in the School of Politics and International Relations at The University of Nottingham, CSSGJ offers a space for reflection, education and research in many different facets of social and global justice.
Our research is marked by the variety of approaches and methods, both traditional and contemporary. It is also marked by a willingness to see the issue of justice as one involving both theory and practice - of how justice has been thought about and also how it is implemented.
Image credit: Julio Albarrán
- 14 June 2017 (10:00-18:00)
- A4 Law and Social Sciences Building
- A workshop on 'The Politics of Culture' will be held at The University of Nottingham on 14 June, supported by the Centre for the Study of Social and Global Justice (CSSGJ).
See more centre activities
- On 8 May at 3pm British time, Professor Kevin Bales will sit down to answer questions about contemporary slavery on the popular social news and discussion website Reddit
- 24 April 2017
- Applications are now being accepted for our new MA in Slavery and Liberation, starting in September 2017.
- 05 April 2017
See all news