Why choose a Doctoral Training Programme?
Doctoral Training Programmes are usually funded by research councils and all offer funding to postgraduate students (allocated on a competitive basis).
You will access strong collaborations with industry
- Doctoral Training Programmes work closely with employers and as a postgraduate student in a programme you will have many opportunities to develop an understanding of the application of your research outside of university.
- This might involve a short-term work placement or internship, a longer-term research placement, a showcase event or a training day where you work on a real-life business project.
You will collaborate with multiple institutions
- Many Doctoral Training Programmes are tackling the big research questions of today by grouping together in consortia with a number of leading institutions and/or research institutes and industry organisations.
- Being part of a Doctoral Training Programme can mean that you are benefiting from the research expertise and training and development opportunities of a number of leading research-intensive universities.
You will gain access to integrated research training programmes
- A Doctoral Training Programme Doctorate offers a comprehensive research programme which will help you to develop the research and transferable skills you need for your career.
- The strength of the training programme equips you for careers in industry, academia and research.
You will make international connections
- Nottingham has a global reputation for research excellence and two of our Doctoral Training Programmes have connections to our international campuses in China and Malaysia through research projects or international placement programmes.
- This means that, as a postgraduate student in these Doctoral Training Programmes, you could have the opportunity to carry out some of your research abroad or participate in an international placement programme.
- Find out more about the international opportunities our programmes provide.
You will be part of highly competitive and prestigious research groups
- Doctoral Training Programmes are designed to attract the brightest and the best students who will work at the cutting-edge of research.