Please have a read through the below which will give you some advice on submitting your application and information on what happens after it has been submitted.
If you do have any questions before applying or once you have applied, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details on the right.
Stage one - Application
Our institution code is NOTTM N84. Complete and submit the application form following the UCAS-TT instructions.
When to apply
Applications for admission should be submitted as soon as possible. Interviews are arranged from November throughout the year until the course is full.
Once you have submitted your application to UCAS-TT, it is sent to us. A decision on your application will be made within 40 working days from your initial submission.
You do not need to reply to offers made in UCAS until you have received decisions from all your choices. You then have ten working days to reply to any offers you have.
Your personal statement provides an all-important first impression of you as a prospective teacher and we will be looking for evidence of your commitment to teaching and learning in a number of ways:
- Ensure that you have explained why you want to teach (your age group/your subject), drawing on any important experiences or principles that underpin this. In short, what motivates you to join this profession?
- Discuss your experiences of working with pupils of the age group for which you are applying. In all that you discuss, remember to go beyond merely describing what you did and saw. What did you learn from this process?
- Consider what other experiences or personal qualities you have that might be relevant to the secondary classroom. What can you offer that others might not?
- Teachers need to be skilled communicators. Think about whether your personal statement suggests this about you, both in terms of the content selected and the clarity and accuracy of its presentation.
Stage two - Screening
The University of Nottingham will review your application and advise you whether you are being invited for interview.
Stage three - Interview
The interview will take place at the University of Nottingham, School of Education.
Did you know...
We also offer subjects through the School Direct Secondary route?
For both of these routes you will have a University interview.
If you have more than one UCAS application choice for routes we are offering, you will only have to have one University interview if it is for the same subject. This should increase your opportunities of quickly securing a place.
View more information about the School Direct Secondary route
, including subject availability and application guidance.
Stage four - Acceptance of an offer of a place
If successful at interview, you will be offered a place on the PGCE course. To secure your place you will need to:
- formally accept the place
- have passed the Professional Skills test by 31 August
- meet all offer conditions
Apply online on
Please note that the University of Nottingham does not accept requests for deferred applications. Anyone who wishes to apply for the School Direct course should do so in the year prior to entry.
You will find additional helpful information about your application, the interview procedures, the course and the University of Nottingham on the UCAS-TT website. On the 'course search' menu, you will have access to the University of Nottingham entry profiles.