Dr. Mirzaei joined The University of Nottingham as an Assistant Professor in September 2012. He obtained his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Sharif University, Iran, and completed his PhD in the Department of Building, Civil and Environmental Engineering at Concordia University, Canada, in December, 2010. He held a short-term Postdoctoral Fellowship at Concordia University in 2011. Then, he was affiliated as a Postdoctoral Fellow of at ETH University/Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa) in Switzerland, during this time he won the prestigious European Union Postdoctoral Fellowship of Marie Curie in 2012. In the same year, he was also preapproved for the Canadian Industrial R&D Postdoctoral Fellowships (IRDF NSERC) and the Visiting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canadian government laboratories.
Dr. Mirzaei has published and presented more than 40 papers in outstanding and international journals and conferences; for example, one of them is among the top-5 cited papers of Building and Environment Journal (during 2009-2014). He is Associate Editor of the journal of Frontier in Built Environment and an Editorial Board member of the journal of Sustainable Cities and Societies. Dr. Mirzaei also served as Co-guest Editor for the Journals of Energy and Building (2015) and Sustainable Cities and Societies in the topics of "IEA-ECES Annex 31 Special Issue on Thermal Energy Storage" and "Urban Heat Island and Cities of the Future", respectively.
Dr. Mizaei has actively prepared and been granted different internal, national and international funding. His research mainly focuses on the application of heat and mass transfer in subjects of building science and urban physics. Dr. Mirzaei extended his experimental and numerical expertise into the fields of:
- Energy Efficient and Green Buildings
- Renewable Technologies and Materials
- Microclimate and Building Energy Modeling
- Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV)
- CFD and Numerical Modeling
- Energy Storage and Phase Change Material Modeling
- Wind effect in Built Environment
- Urban Heat Island
- Urban Ventilation and Regional Environment Planning
Dr Mirzaei is also a member of the Architecture, Energy & Environment Research Group
K13CFD - Application of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) in Built Environment
K12EPM - Environmental Performance Modeling
K13THT - Topics of Heat Transfer
K14AHT - Advanced Topics of… read more
Energy Efficient and Green Buildings
Renewable Technologies and Materials
Microclimate and Building Energy Modeling
Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV)
CFD and Numerical… read more
- I am currently looking for a UK/EU PhD student; The position is fully funded.
- Please contact me if you are an international student with a good background and wish to pursue a PhD research.
- Please contact me if you have a good record in your PhD and seek for a Postdoc.