Professor Amin Malek Mohammadi Graduated in 2002 in Computer Engineering. Following his B.Eng. Amin worked in industry for two years as a telecommunication engineer. He obtained his Master of Technology in 2006, specializing in Electronics Engineering, and his PhD in Computer System Engineering (Optical Fiber Communication Systems), in 2009 consecutively. Following his Ph.D. he worked in industry for one year as a senior telecommunication engineer.
In January 2010 he was appointed Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Nottingham. In 2012 he promoted to Associate Professor and in 2013, he was awarded the Chartered Engineer from Engineering Council, UK. Finally, as the result of consecutive and steady research, teaching and scientific developments in his major in April 2016 he promoted to Professor of Telecommunication Systems and Optical Communication Systems.
Professor Malek Mohammadi is a fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and a senior member of IEEE, a member of Engineering Council (CEng), IET and Optical Society of America (OSA) has published over 90 scientific research papers, a postgraduate textbook, as well as delivering few keynote speeches at different international scientific conferences around the Globe. Up to now he is the holder of 4 patents on optical fiber communication systems
Dr Amin's main teaching and research interests are in the fields of Telecommunication, Optical fiber communication systems and Wireless communications.
Introduction to Circuits and Fields (H61SCP)
Optical Communications and Networks (H64OCN)
Electronic Engineering (H62ELD)
Optical Communications and Sensor (H64OCA)
My research is currently focused on Optical fiber communications, Transmission systems including advance modulation and multiplexing techniques, Optical signal processing and Wireless communications… read more
N. D. NHAT and A. MALEKMOHAMMADI, 2015. Absolute Added Correlative Coding (AACC): An enhanced M-PAM modulation format Electronics Letters. 51(20), 1593–1595
A. MALEKMOHAMMADI, ABAS, A. F., ABDULLAH, M. K., MAHDIRAJI, G. A., MOKHTAR, M. and RASID, M. F., 2009. Absolute polar duty cycle division multiplexing over wavelength division multiplexing system Optics Communications. 282(21), 4233-4241
My research is currently focused on Optical fiber communications, Transmission systems including advance modulation and multiplexing techniques, Optical signal processing and Wireless communications including RF and microwave.
1- A new multiplexer, Demultiplexer and data recovery rules for DCDM technique (PI20095256)
2- Absolute Polar Duty Cycle Division Multiplexing for optical communication (PI20095257)
3- Demultiplexer and Data Recovery Rules for Absolute Polar Duty Cycle Division Multiplexing (PI20093633)
4- A coding method for optical communication systems (PI2012700631)
1. Special Award by Malaysian Research & innovation Society (MyRIS), International Engineering and Technology Exhibition (IETE 2015), 2015
2. Gold Award, Electronics and Electrical Category, International Engineering and Technology Exhibition, Malaysia, 2015
3. Bronze Award, Information and Communications Technology Category, International Engineering and Technology Exhibition, Malaysia, 2015
4. Best Poster award at International Optical Society of America (OSA) Network of Students IONS-14 conference in Torun, Poland, 2014
5. Certificate of Merit for The 2010 International Conference of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, London, UK, International Association of Engineers, 2010
6. Gold medal, The Belgian & International Trade Fair for Technologies Innovation, Belgian trade fair, 2009
7. Silver medal for Global Invention and Innovation Award (GI2 & MTE 2009), GI2 & Malaysian Technology Expo, 2009
8. Bronze medal, Research and Innovation Exhibition (PRPI Exhibition), Malaysia, 2009
9. Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Electronic Design (ICED 2008), IEEE, 2008
10. Silver medal, Research and Innovation Exhibition (PRPI Exhibition), Malaysia, 2009
"Increasing the capacity of optical transmission" Featured press release on Asia Research News 2017 magazine, Feb 2017
"High-speed Internet for rural areas" Featured press release on The Star Newspaper. Uploaded on 15th July 2014.
"Featured Engineer: Interview with Amin Malek Mohammadi", EEWEB Magazine http://www.eeweb.com/spotlight/interview-with-amin-malek-mohammadi
"University of Nottingham, Malaysia Manages to Make Fiber Optics Run even Faster". Featured press release on "QS-Asia", Nov 2014, P.37
"University of Nottingham partners in opening of global aerospace center in Malaysia" Featured press release on the university of Nottingham website, 11 Nov, 2014
"Radio-over-fibre brings broadband to remote areas" Featured press release on Asia Research News 2015 magazine, Feb 2015