Dr. Lo Presti expertise is Sustainable Transport Infrastructures Engineering, with a focus on infrastructure's technology development and sustainable asset management. His research is both applied and fundamental and involves investigation of effective techniques for recycling waste/secondary materials into the roads and railways (i.e. tyre rubber, reclaimed asphalt, etc..), such as modified binders, eco-friendly asphalt mixes and other sustainable practices for new design, maintenance and rehabilitation of road pavements and railways. Furthermore Dr. Lo Presti is directly involved on conceiving and developing tools, methodologies and concepts for a more sustainable management of transport infrastructures and related technologies.
Updated and detailed CV is downloadable here
PUBLICATIONS, CONTACTS and DIGITAL PROFILES:
If you want to stay in touch:
Currently, Dr. Lo Presti is invovled as coordinator, project manager and researcher within several international collaborations (see "research" and "Projects" tabs) and/or click the logo below
- SUSTAINABLE ROAD PAVEMENTS: Rubberised binders and mixes, High-content Reclaimed asphalt mixes, Warm mix and in general asphalt technologies involving recycling of waste material,
- SUSTAINABLE RAILWAYS INFRASTRUCTURE : Track-bed technologies development
- RE-USING TYRE RUBBER IN CIVIL ENGINEERING: technology development for road pavements, railways infrastructures and roofing membranes
- LIFECYCLE ENGINEERING and SUSTAINABILITY ASSESSMENT: Lyfe cycle assessment (LCA), LifeCycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) and Sustainability assessment, of transport infrastructure and any other engineering processes
- RHEOMETRY OF COMPLEX FLUIDS: Investigating tools and methodology to improve both computational rheometry and laboratory based rheometry of complex fluids.
- MATERIAL BEHAVIOUR MODELLING: Constitutive and Perfomance modelling of asphalt mixture and bituminous binders
Dr. Lo Presti is a Senior Researcher of the Nottingham Transportation Engineering Centre of the University of Nottingham. His expertise is Sustainable Transport Infrastructures Engineering, with a… read more
AIREY, G. D., GRENFELL, J. R. A., APEAGYEI, A., SUBHY, A. and LO PRESTI, D., 2016. Time dependent viscoelastic rheological response of pure, modified and synthetic bituminous binders: Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials. 1-26
LO PRESTI, D., FECAROTTI, C., CLARE, A. T. and AIREY, G., 2014. Toward more realistic viscosity measurements of tyre rubber-bitumen blends: Construction and Building Materials Construction and Building Materials. 67, 270-278
Since 2010, Dr. Lo Presti has been appointed as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Nottingham where He has been main author of several international research proposals and He achieved to ensure his own funding to develop other international projects toward a career as independent senior researcher in sustainable development of transport CURRENT PROJECTS:
FELLOWSHIPS, GRANTS and AWARDS:
- 2010 - 2013 co-investigator under the 4M € EU FP7 project "ReRoad"- End of Life Strategies of Asphalt Pavements" http://re-road.fehrl.org/.
- Feb 2015 - EPSRC Phd fees + FROG PhD studentship - (41,798£) - "EPSRC Doctoral Training Grant Centre in Complex Systems and Processes Pictures.
- Oct 2014 - HERMES Fellowship - (20,000£) - "Rheology of complex fluids" received by University of Nottingham, UK, through EU funding
- Aug 2013 - FROG PhD scolarship for EU student (Faculty of Engineering University of Nottingham) - 41,798£
- Jun 2013 - FROG PhD scolarship for EU student (Faculty of Engineering University of Nottingham) - 47,798£
- Jun 2013 - PhD Scholarship for Research Excellence from Brazil (Programa Capes/Universidade de Nottingham /Universidade de Birmingham - Bolsa de Doutorado Pleno) - 45,000£
- Jun 2013 Main author, Co-PI and Project Manager of a European project "SUP&R ITN 2013 - 2017" Funded by EU FP7 within the People-Marie Curie ITN scheme - 4,066,597.00 €.
- Jun 2013 CO-PI of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership project to support technology development of a UK SME (KTP) 2013 - 2015 147.000£
- Apr 2013: Co-Investigator of "ALLBACK2PAVE: Toward 100% recycling of reclaimed asphalt" (2013-2015) - 460.000€. Funded by CEDR TRANSNATIONAL ROAD RESEARCH PROGRAMME under the call 2012.
- Jan 2012: "Bridging the Gaps "Next Generation feasibility Awards 2012" - 10.000£ for research activities. Funded by University of Nottingham
Dr. Lo Presti is a Senior Researcher of the Nottingham Transportation Engineering Centre of the University of Nottingham. His expertise is Sustainable Transport Infrastructures Engineering, with a focus on infrastructure's technology development and sustainable asset management. His research is both applied and fundamental and aims at investigating effective techniques for recycling waste/secondary materials into transport infrastructure technologies and conceiving and developing tools, methodologies and concepts towards a more sustainable management of transport infrastructures and related technologies.
CURRENT PhD students:
Mr Gustavo Menegusso Pires - 100% reclaimed asphalt pavement
Mr Gaspare Giancontieri - Rheometry of complex fluids
Ms Ana Jimenez del Barro Carrion - Biobinders for road asphalt pavement
Mr Giacomo D'Angelo - Sustainable technologies for Railway ballast
Ms Laura Trupia - Life Cycle Assessment of Road Pavement
Mr Ayad Subhy - Characterisation and development of rubberised bitumen