Write, Create, Perform
Nottingham is a vibrant and creative city for drama and original writing, and the University is at the heart of it.
Our courses are rated as some of the best in the country and our skilled and experienced academics encourage you to develop and fine-tune your craft.
Our expertise and experience covers poetry, literature and drama from early English to the latest contemporary writing.
Have a browse and see why Nottingham is one of the best places to write, create and perform!
Spotlight on: The Letters Page
The Letters Page is a literary journal with a difference: the featured stories, essays, poems, interviews, and reportage are all written in the form of letters.
Based in the School of English, the journal develops links with writers and publishing professionals across the world, and offers opportunities for students to learn key writing and publishing skills through work placements for hands-on experience.
Professor Jon McGregor, the School’s writer in residence, edits the journal and directs its activities, under the guiding eyes of an Editorial Board which includes Colum McCann, Sarah Hall, Naomi Alderman, William Fiennes, Roddy Doyle, Maile Meloy, and many more.
Students may have the opportunity to work alongside Jon McGregor, and other visiting professionals, on the commissioning, assessing, editing, design, publication, and promotion of the journal.
Find out more about The Letters Page
Write Create Perform Events
Sorry, no events are listed at the moment.
Write Create Perform News
- Jon McGregor is up for another award, Goldsmith's Prize. Read more here!
- 3 October
- University of Nottingham academic Jon McGregor's new novel Reservoir 13 has made the longlist for the Man Booker Prize 2017. Jon, who is Professor of Creative Writing in the University's School of English, has been longlisted alongside other literary greats Paul Auster and Zadie Smith.
- 31 July
- Dr Chris Collins launches Theatre and Residual Culture at the Irish Society for Theatre Research conference hosted at the University of Nottingham
- 30 May
- Take a look at all the best moments of this year's (2017) student English Showcase. A huge well done to everybody who took part! #ShowOff17
- 30 May
- On Thursday 11th May, some of our PhD students took up the opportunity to present their research to fellow colleagues and academics. Visit our media gallery to see how the day went. Well done to all our research students who took part and presented at the PGR Symposium!
- 30 May
Back to top