Environmental Technology photo competion
We’re looking for photos from individuals and businesses in the UK that feature Environmental Technology in action.
It could be your own company’s product set up and working, some tech you have seen on your travels or something you use in your own home. Just send us your photo with a little bit of info telling us about the tech and why you chose that particular subject.
Photos must be received by midday, 27th August 2012. Winners will be announced during September 2012.
How to submit your photo
Option one | Upload to Pinterest
(you will need an account).
You can either tell us where your photo is so that we can re-pin it, or if you send us your Pinterest details (ID & address) we can add you as a contributor and you can upload it direct to our competition board.
Option two | Send us a link
If you already have somewhere for your photo online then send us a link and we’ll do the rest (e.g. Picasa, Flickr, your own website)
Option three | Tweet your photo
Compose a tweet to @uonetc with the hashtag #envtech and attach your photo
We will publish your photo on our Pinterest competition board.
Option four | Email your photo
Send an email with your photograph attached (less than 5 MB) to email@example.com
Photo competition terms and conditions
- You can upload your photo until midday on 27 August 2012 (photos submitted after this time will be displayed on this website but will not be eligible for a prize).
- Only 1 photo submission per person.
- By submitting a photo you declare that the entry is all your own work and free of any copyright. You will provide evidence of this at our request.
- If winning entrants are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made the ETC reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or re-offer the prize in a future competition.
- By adding a photograph you are giving the University of Nottingham a non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide licence to use the entry in any format. You will still own the copyright to anything you contribute.
- Please ensure that everyone appearing in the photograph has given their permission for it to be submitted and is aware that the University may use it on a variety of public platforms.
- The competition is open to UK residents.
- Professional photographers, staff and students of the University of Nottingham are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Photographs entered must not have won other competitions.
- Photographs should not have been excessively manipulated and the ETC reserve the right to exclude any image we believe to have been treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- If the photograph is deemed inappropriate or of insufficient quality it will not be included in the online gallery or be eligible for a prize.
- No alternative prize will be offered and the Environmental Technology Centre reserves the right to change the prizes at any time.
The judging panel will be made up of staff from the University of Nottingham. The photos will be judged on:
- Creative representation of Environmental Technology
- Technical Merit - a bonus but not essential!
The ETC cannot accept any responsibility for problems encountered when trying to submit photographs to the competition