Ordinance II: The Officers of Council
- There shall be four Officers of University Council and their membership of Council will be by virtue of being appointed to those Offices.
- These Officers will be: A Pro-Chancellor who is also Chair of Council, a second Pro-Chancellor, the Vice-Chair of Council and the Treasurer of Council.
- When elected an Officer shall hold office for four years. All retiring Officers shall be eligible for re-election. Officers shall not serve for more than two consecutive four-year periods unless the Council shall determine otherwise by a vote of at least two-thirds of the members present. Any previous service as an ordinary member of Council is disregarded for the purpose of calculating terms.
- The Officers shall perform such duties as may be determined by the Council.
- An Officer may be elected to another Officer post for a maximum of two further four-year periods from the point of appointment.
- An Officer may resign by writing addressed to the Council.
(amendment approved July 2017)
Return to Ordinances list