Teaching and Learning Board
Terms of Reference
- To review and develop the University's Teaching and Learning Strategy in accordance with the University's Global Strategy, for approval by Senate.
- To identify and set priority areas in relation to key elements of the strategy.
- To deploy available resources for implementation of the strategy and the priority areas.
- To have overall responsibility for the University's academic quality and standards.
- To oversee the development of policies necessary for the maintenance of quality and standards and monitor their implementation.
- To monitor relevant internal and external developments and take account of them in the development of strategy and policies.
- To agree University responses to relevant consultation proposals from external bodies.
- To make regular reports to Senate on its activities and plans.
Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Education and Student Experience (Chair): Professor Sarah O'Hara
Chair of Quality and Standards Committee (QSC): Professor Phil Shipway
Chair of Academic Appeals and Academic Misconduct Committee: Chair of QSC
University Senior Tutor: Dr Pam Hagan
APVC, Teaching and Learning: Professor Sarah Speight
Academic Secretary: Robert Dowling
Vice-Provost, UNMC: Professor Fon Sim Ong
Vice-Provost, UNNC: Professor Uwe Aickelin
Representatives of Faculty Teaching and Learning Committees
Arts: Dr Mark Bradley
Social Sciences: Professor Louise Crewe
Science: Professor Matthew Dickinson
Engineering: Professor Phil Shipway
Medicine and Health Sciences: Professor Michael Randall
Postgraduate Students' Officer: Matt Bramley
Students' Union Education Officer: Beth Massey
Students' Union Representative (Malaysia Campus): Ms Tormalli Vigilia Francis
Students' Union Representative (Ningbo Campus): Ms Xiaoxing Isabel Cheng
Director of Service Development: Mrs Clare Gough
Director of Research and Learning Resources: Mrs Caroline Williams
Mrs Alison Reeves
(updated February 2017)
Return to Committees list