ManagePlaces win the the UKESNC 2013
It has been another bumper year for the UKESNC with 68 qualifying ideas out of just less than 100 entries.
Congratulations to ManagePlaces who won the competition with their idea for a location based management tool.
About the idea:
Today, it is common practice for companies both big and small to have team members working away from their central office. Managing workflows within these geographically disparate teams is often a chore involving email chains, constant instant-messaging, and the sharing of documents. Cloud computing has made this vastly more efficient, but there is a long way to go in the realm of remote team management. To simplify this process, ManagePlaces stores all of an organisation's data in one system and provides a customisable dashboard that lets managers see the information they actually need. It deals with all possible kinds of remote working scenarios, including project, document, asset, team, task, and location management. Using ManagePlaces leads to better workflows, less downtime, and increased task transparency. The live mapping function dynamically maps all tasks and assets, showing their exact location and status. The mapping functionality allows users, for example, to view hotspots where overdue projects are located. Additionally, users can track all their assets, such as vehicles and devices, in one system. ManagePlaces has a utility for almost any business that runs remotely.
The other winners were:
2ND PLACE: TeamSurv
3RD PLACE: Trolleywise App
4TH PLACE: Gift Reveal
5TH PLACE: Word on the Street
UKESNC in the Press:
• Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10427763/Data-satellite-tool-used-to-track-tigers-in-India.html
• Wired - http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-11/06/manageplaces-conservation
• Engineering and Technology - http://eandt.theiet.org/news/2013/nov/manage-places.cfm
• Geoconnexion - http://www.geoconnexion.com/news/european-satellite-navigation-competition-winners-announced
• GIS Cafe - http://www10.giscafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?section=CorpNews&articleid=1232298&printerfriendly=1
• Marine Link - http://www.marinelink.com/news/teamsurv-project-boosted360619.aspx
• Sea Discovery - http://www.seadiscovery.com/mtStories.aspx?ShowStory=1105402051
• Directions Magazine - http://www.directionsmag.com/pressreleases/embargo-manageplaces-location-based-management-system-used-by-conserva/365131
• Maritime Global News - http://maritimeglobalnews.com/news/teamsurv-ocean-survey-project-aqx76z
Future coverage expected:
• Pocket GPS World
• The Engineer