Funding for current research postgraduates
The Graduate School has a number of funding opportunities to support your researcher development during your studies. Other specialised funding opportunities for researchers are advertised on our website and through our email newsletters as they arise.
Our funding team can offer information and advice about a range of funding opportunities, particularly from UK Research Councils. If you are funded by a research council, our Postgraduate Funding Workspace has information about your award payments, progress, changes and any additional allowances you may claim.
Graduate School Funding: Awards, Prizes & Scholarships
The International Research Collaboration Award (IRCA) offers an opportunity to broaden your international experience as a researcher through a fully funded visit, of up to two months duration. The collaboration could be with an organisation based anywhere in the world.
Research postgraduates and research staff (R&T 4A-R/4-R/5-R) are invited to apply for pump-prime funding for novel interdisciplinary research project(s) identified at a series of sandpit events.
Mobility awards and travel grants
There are many smaller and discipline-specific charities and sources of funding. Below is a selection of links to travel grants and funds to help you get started. Please note, this is not an exhustive list.
The following sites do not belong to the University of Nottingham and the quality of the content has not been verified:
- Association of Charitable Foundations - information about grant making trusts and charitable organisations
- PostgraduateFunding.com - small grants for postgraduate study
- Prospects - a searchable database plus information on scholarships, bursaries, research councils and a useful video that covers the main funding schemes and explains how students can undertake postgraduate study
- Funding postgraduates - funding guide
- Turn-2-us - Information about benevolent funds, grants and charitable trusts