Graduate School Travel Prize
These prestigious prizes support you as a research student to attend a national or international conference to present your research, or make a short visit to another institute to use or consult essential resources.
The Graduate School also operates a Travel Prize for Research Staff.
The funding round you apply to is determined by your travel dates, please carefully check the funding deadline before you apply. If you apply to the incorrect funding round, your application will be rejected.
We recommend that you download the application form and discuss it with your supervisor before you start the application process.
New Travel Prize Application Process
The application process for the Graduate School Travel Prize has changed and applications are now managed in Moodle.
This is a highly competitive prize that attracts a large number of applications.
Incomplete or incorrectly completed applications will not be sent to the judging panel for consideration.
The guidance notes for applicants and FAQ page provide all the information you need to fully complete your application.
- Thursday 8 September 2016 (For travel from 31 October 2016 to 1 February 2017) * closed
- Thursday 8 December 2016 (For travel from 25 January 2017 to 1 May 2017) * closed
- Thursday 9 March 2017 (For travel from 24 April 2017 to 27 July 2017) – the application process for this round will open on 1 February 2017
- Thursday 8 June 2017 (For travel from 27 July 2017 to 3 November 2017)
- Thursday 7 September 2017 (For travel from 30 October 2017 to 5 February 2018)
Please click on the headers below for more information.
Levels of support
- No more than 50% of the total cost, up to maximum of £300 for a visit in the UK
- No more than 50% of the total cost, up to a maximum of £600 for a visit outside the UK
- You must be registered for postgraduate research degree the University of Nottingham United Kingdom Campus at the time of attending the conference or making a visit. Please see our eligibility page for a detailed list of eligible courses.
- You must apply to the specific funding round that covers your dates of travel.
- You must be able to obtain funding in addition to that applied for from the Graduate School to support your attendance. Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate either school and/or external funding.
- You will be eligible to receive only one Graduate School Travel Prize during your period of registration at the University.
- You must have completed one or more of the Graduate School's Communication and Presentation Skills training courses before you attend the conference, or can demonstrate that you have acquired equivalent skills training elsewhere.
How to apply
The application process will re-open on 1February 2017.
Please do not send anything by email or as hard copy as it will not be accepted.