EPSRC Doctoral Prize 2017
The EPSRC Doctoral Prize is an opportunity for the most outstanding EPSRC-funded PhD students to receive up to two years of additional support following their PhD.
We are offering a number of Doctoral Prizes, the number of awards is flexible and will depend on the length of tenure of successful applications. Subjects covered include Science, Engineering and Technology and Medicine within the EPSRC remit.
- Tenure ranges from 6 to 24 months
- Flexible start date (earliest start is 1 October 2017)
- Doctoral Prize stipend of £24,000 per annum (pro rata)
- Research expenses up to a maximum of £10,000
The EPSRC Doctoral Prize aims to develop independent researchers. Applicants are encouraged to move into new areas of research and demonstrate the ability to work independently from their former PhD supervisor.
Support from Schools/Divisions:
Your help would be appreciated in promoting these opportunities via discipline specific mailing lists. There are a number of regional institutions that are not participating in this scheme so we would like to encourage applications from all universities.
Actions requested from Schools/Divisions:
- Circulation of scheme details to academic staff and EPSRC funded PhD students (at the appropriate stage of their PhD)
- Circulation of scheme details via discipline specific mailbases and school/research division marketing activity
- Circulation of scheme details to contacts in other institutions
Visit our funding page for more information and to download the application form.
Application Deadline: 12 Noon 14 June 2017
*shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview week commencing 3 July 2017.
If you have any questions or would like further information please email email@example.com.