Professional Development, led by David Burns (tel: 0115 951 5770), is responsible for the delivery of professional development/training services and support to the University in the following areas:
Continuing Professional Development
For staff: Short courses and qualifications are designed to help you develop the behaviours and skills identified in the University Competency Framework. Development of these behaviours will support you in delivering your objectives, but will also be critical in your career development and progression.
For Postgraduates: Short courses for postgraduates deliver opportunities to develop the skills and attributes identified in the Researcher Development Framework especially in the domains of personal effectiveness and engagement, influence and impact.
See further information on central short course categories.
Leadership and Management Development
The Leadership & Management team are developing a range of leadership and management provision, and will launch the University of Nottingham Leadership & Management Academy in Autumn 2016. For more information or to get involved, contact Carol Steed, Leadership & Management Director on 0115 8466772 or by email.
For further information see the Leadership & Management Development web pages.
Learning and Teaching
Learning and teaching development and support is provided in the following ways:
- PGCHE – accredited programme for new lecturers
- Nottingham Recognition Scheme – an opportunity for experienced staff to gain recognition for their teaching and supporting learning through the University's scheme accredited by the Higher Education Academy.
- Short course programme – opportunities to explore different approaches to teaching and learning
- Evaluate(SET/SEM) – the unit processes and analyses all SET and SEM scores
- Peer Observation College – a University scheme to provide independent teaching observation
For further information see the Learning & Teaching web pages.
Equality and Diversity
The unit provides training in a range of equality and diversity issues, policies and procedures:
- Equality & Diversity training
- Equality & Diversity events
- Support of Equality & Diversity Staff Networks and Dignity Advisers
- Equality & Diversity strategy and policies
For further information see the Equality & Diversity web pages.
Welcome and Induction
The Unit supports the welcome of new staff and their ongoing induction through events and induction advice and procedures.
For further information see the Induction web pages.
The Unit runs the University Apprenticeship Scheme and supports the recruitment and training of this group.
For further information see the Apprenticeship Programme web pages.