The Digital Humanities Centre at The University of Nottingham invites applications for one MA/MSc Scholarship to provide support in the Centre. The Scholarship is available for postgraduate study in the Departments of Archaeology, Art History, Classics, History, Music, Philosophy, and Theology and Religious Studies. The award pays an amount equivalent to UK/EU tuition fees for one year of full-time or two years of part-time postgraduate masters study. It can be awarded as a tuition fee or a stipendiary scholarship.
The start date is 1st October 2016. The hours of work are 480 over one year in respect of full–time study or 240 hours each year for two years in respect of part-time study. A flexible approach to working hours is essential to accommodate peak times.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to:
- Provide an efficient reception and enquiry service in the Centre.
- Assist DHC users in the Centre.
- Maintain the equipment loans service.
- Provide support for the DHC Manager and cover in his absence.
- Administer and support the student volunteer scheme taking a lead role on some digitisation projects and outreach activities.
- Carry out general duties in the centre and run the DHC’s reprographic service. The latter may include A0 printing and scanning, helping with the design of print material, managing supplies and general finance.
We are looking for someone who has excellent organisational, technical and PC skills. You will be part of a team responsible for delivering teaching and research support and therefore you should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within larger groups as well as with individual colleagues and students.
Experience in any of the following applications would be beneficial: Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat InDesign, and Illustrator.
Please note that the successful recipient must be holding a conditional or unconditional offer to study on a Masters postgraduate course within the School of Humanities at The University of Nottingham with an entry date of 1st October 2016.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Matt Davies by phone 0115 951 3191 or email.
The closing date for scholarship applications is 12pm on 1st August 2016. To apply please download an application form.
Posted on Monday 15th December 2014