A single integrated system
Research Information System (RIS) is a University wide service available to researchers across our UK, Malaysia and China campuses.
The aim of RIS is to replace the numerous, existing research management systems with a single integrated system. RIS will improve the experience of applying for and managing grants and outputs.
- Simplifying the development and coordination of funding applications
- Capturing key research grant opportunities
- Improving the internal review processes - both in quality and cost
- Acting as a single repository for all information on grants
- Improving management information
- Generating metrics for external benchmarking e.g. HEBCIS, MYRA
- Managing outputs including Open Access and REF
- Using it as a REF submission preparation tool
- Tracking impact
The system will be launching from Spring 2017.
Welcome to RIS. We hope you find it a useful tool to assist you with your research activities. Please follow the steps below to gain access to RIS.
- In order to access RIS, you must be a University employee and accept the associated terms and conditions. You will find these on the RIS Moodle training site:
RIS training site (log in required)
Whilst in the Moodle site, select 'Participate in this Module' and then accept the Terms and Conditions on the first page. There are also several bite-size training videos on the Moodle site which you may find useful to watch before using the live RIS system.
- Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, your RIS account will usually be activated within 48 hours. You will then be able to login to RIS by clicking on the following link and entering your University username and password.
Login to RIS
Please note - if you have recently joined the University, or changed jobs, you may find that you are unable to log into the RIS or Moodle systems. If this is the case, please contact your school manager, and ask them to complete the required RIS authorisation form to approve your access to the system. Once this has been done, please follow steps 1 and 2 as above.
Help and Support
For any queries about the system, access to RIS or the training site, please email: SS-RIS-Enquiries@nottingham.ac.uk.