Many centrally timetabled rooms are equipped with AV systems which include:
- a PC
- VCR/DVD player
- interactive whiteboard
- presentation audio system
- connections for a laptop and auxiliary video devices
A full list of the facilities and equipment in each room is available from the Timetabling office.
If the room does not have the required facilities, portable equipment including digital audio recording kits, and audience response systems are available on request.
- Requests are made via the appropriate Zonal IT Support Team
- Confirmation of your booking will be sent via email within one working day
- There is a limited supply of kits so booking requests are dealt with on a strictly first come first served basis
Please note that one full working day's notice is required for all booking requests.
The Zonal IT Support Teams provide a call out service for University staff requiring urgent help operating audio visual (AV) facilities in centrally timetabled rooms.
Staff are located across the University so that they can respond quickly and minimise disruption to the teaching timetable.
Arrangements for the demonstration of AV facilities can also be made.
Lecture capture records presentations and audio/video of the presenter, simultaneously. These recordings can then be published online so that students can study the lecture again, bookmarking particular points or filling in missing notes at their convenience, making it an ideal revision tool.
Lecture Capture at Nottingham is delivered via the Echo360 platform and is available as three solutions:
- Lecture Theatres and Interactive Teaching Rooms
- Other Centrally Bookable Rooms (Classroom Capture)
- Personal PC/Laptop (Personal Capture)
Instructions are available from the Lecture Capture Workspace.
Echo360 Personal Capture software is available to install on any University PC/MAC/Laptop. This can be set to capture the primary or secondary screen, audio and/or webcam of the host PC/laptop.
More information and details of the locations that have lecture recording facilites may be found on the Lecture Capture Workspace.
How to register and book
The room and the facilities must be booked separately.
To register and book:
- book the room using the timetabling system
- complete the capture booking form
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of booking, please email email@example.com
Video conferencing suites enable you to communicate with similar, dedicated video conference systems including those at the Ningbo and Malaysian campuses.
Zonal IT Support can provide technical support throughout a video conferencing call, if required. For bookings between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday this service is free, but outside of these hours there is a charge for technical support.
More information about video conferencing facilities.
For support, or to arrange a system demonstration, please refer to the relevant Zonal IT Support Team for the location of your booked room.
More information on how to use video conference systems can be found in this short presentation.