The University of Nottingham is nationally and internationally renowned for its teaching and research excellence. In addition to our overseas campuses in China and Malaysia we rank highly in the latest international league tables ─ this makes us a truly global and world-class institution.
International and UK ranking
In the latest global and UK tables the University of Nottingham was ranked in the top 1% of all universities in the world.
Further information the University's performance in higher education league tables.
Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008
The Research Assessment Exercise is the UK's definitive guide to the quality of a university's research. In the latest RAE Nottingham was once again confirmed as a world-class institution.
- 90% of research was rated as 'international standard'
- 60% of research was rated as 'world-leading' or internationally 'excellent'
Further information on the Research Assessment Exercise 2008.
Our academic facilities are of the very highest standards, with most of our teaching facilities housed within beautiful historic buildings. Across our campuses you will find:
- State-of-the-art laboratory and medical facilities,
- Innovative and exciting methods of teaching and learning,
- Over 14 libraries, allowing access to over 3 million books and journals, 12,000 ejournals and 650,000 ebook items.