Applications are invited for this permanent role in the Financial Management Department delivering financial management advice and information to business units across the University.
Working in the Facilities & Professional Services Team, you will provide effective and efficient financial management services and business-partnering support to a number of Professional Service departments including Registrars and Student Services.
Working with the departments’ management, you will:
· Ensure effective financial management
· Proactively identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency savings
· Develop business cases and carry out investment appraisals
You will be responsible for:
· Liaising with departmental senior management on financial performance against agreed targets.
· Preparation of management accounts, detailed budgets and quarterly forecasts
· Presentation of management accounts and other financial information at departmental monthly finance meetings
· Preparation of business cases, investment appraisals and financial reviews
· Dealing with complex queries and finance-related projects
· You will also be responsible for the line management of an Assistant Finance Manager who directly supports this role.
This is a full time, permanent post. The role will be based in the King’s Meadow Campus.
Please provide a copy of your CV and a statement documenting how you meet the essential and desirable criteria as detailed in the Role Profile.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Richard Astle, tel: 0115 84 66754 or email email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.