Congratulations to PhD students in the Mathematical Physics group who have been awarded numerous grants and prizes.
1. Lee Hodgkinson has been awarded an Engineering and Physical Research Council (EPRSC) Doctoral Prize, for 24 months of postdoctoral research at Nottingham, to start in April 2013 and has also secured a Universitas 21 Travel Prize of £1,000, to enable a research visit to the University of British Columbia in March 2013.
2. Nicolai Friis and Antony Lee have also both won a Universitas 21 Travel Prize. Together with Sara Tavares, they have also secured funding of £4,000 from the London Mathematical Society (LMS) to host a postgraduate student conference on 'Quantum Fields, Gravity and Information' in April 2013. They were also awarded further sponsorship from the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), Institute of Physics (IOP), Edinburgh Mathematical Society (EMS) and the C/\P group at Oxford.
3. Davide Girolami and Sammy Ragy were also awarded £4,000 by the LMS to host a postgraduate student conference on 'Mathematical Techniques for Quantum Physics', together with a further £800 support from the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and €1000 from an EU COST network in quantum foundations.
4. Davide Girolami also won a University of Nottingham Universitas 21 Travel Prize of £1,000 to enable a research visit to Singapore and has recently been selected by the University to attend the 'Life beyond PhD' conference.
5. David Bruschi was awarded £400 by the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications to attend a conference in Canada on Relativistic Quantum Information.
Posted on Monday 17th December 2012