I graduated with honors from the BSc Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Guadalajara, Mexico in 2010.
I worked for 3 years (2011-2014) for a Mexican company specialized in kidney disease in the innovation, research and technology development department doing renal nutrition research projects.
I graduated with distinction from the MRes Dietetics, University of Nottingham in 2015.
Currently, I am a second year PhD student working in the Centre for Kidney Research and Innovation, Royal Derby Hospital.
Research coordinator of clinical trials related with the effect of symbiotics on gastrointestinal symptoms, nutritional status, inflammation and kidney function in both haemodialysis and pre-dialysis patients.
Association of advanced glycation end-product accumulation with adverse outcomes in peritoneal dialysis and haemodialysis patients and the impact of a dietetic intervention on skin autofluorescence.
VIRAMONTES-HÖRNER D, MÁRQUEZ-SANDOVAL F, MARTÍN DEL CAMPO-LÓPEZ F, VIZMANOS-LAMOTTE B, SANDOVAL-RODRÍGUEZ A, ARMENDÁRIZ-BORUNDA J, GARCÍA-BEJARANO H, RENOIRTE-LÓPEZ K and GARCÍA-GARCÍA G, 2015. Effect of a symbiotic gel (Lactobacillus acidophilus + Bifidobacterium lactis + inulin) on presence and severity of gastrointestinal symptoms in hemodialysis patients. J Ren Nutr. 25(3), 284-291 CRUZ-MORA J, MARTÍNEZ-HERNÁNDEZ NE, MARTÍN DEL CAMPO-LÓPEZ F, VIRAMONTES-HÖRNER D, VIZMANOS-LAMOTTE B, MUÑOZ-VALLE JF, GARCÍA-GARCÍA G, PARRA-ROJAS I and CASTRO-ALARCÓN N, 2014. Effects of a symbiotic on gut microbiota in Mexican patients with end-stage renal disease. J Ren Nutr. 24(5), 330-335
MÁRQUEZ-SANDOVAL F, MACEDO-OJEDA G, VIRAMONTES-HÖRNER D, FERNÁNDEZ-BALLART JD, SALAS-SALVADÓ J and VIZMANOS B, 2011. The prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Latin America: a systematic review Public Health Nutr. 14(10), 1702-1713
- Bachelor thesis project: "Effect of a symbiotic-synergic gel (probiotics + prebiotics) added with vitamins and omega 3 on gastrointestinal symptoms and nutritional status in haemodialysis patients (Pilot study)".
- Research project coordinator of two randomized controlled clinical trials:
1. Effect of a symbiotic gel (Lactobacillus acidophilus + Bifidobacterium lactis + Inulin) on presence and severity of gastrointestinal symptoms in haemodialysis patients.
2. Effect of a biodigestive symbiotic gel (inulin + Bifidus bacterium Bi-07 and Lactobacillus Rhamnosus NH001) on blood urea nitrogen, renal function and nutritional status in patients with chronic kidney disease stages IV and V.
- Master thesis project: "The effectiveness of nutritional screening and assessment tools to predict protein-energy wasting and mortality in patients on haemodialysis: a systematic review".