4µm paraffin wax sections
a) 0.5% Congo Red in 50% alcohol.
b) 0.2% Potassium Hydroxide in 80% alcohol.
- Sections to water
- Stain in congo red solution for 10-15 minutes
- Differentiate with alcoholic potassium hydroxide solution if necessary
- Wash in water, stain nuclei in Gills Haematoxylin, differentiate and blue
- Dehydrate, clear . Mount sections in DPX
- Amyloid, elastic fibres, eosinophil granules - Red
- Nuclei - Blue
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk