1. Sections to distilled water.
2. Stain in Fouchets reagent 5 minutes.
3. Rinse in distilled water.
4. Counterstain with van gieson 5 minutes.
5. Rinse quickly in absolute alcohol.
6. Dehydrate, clear . Mount sections in DPX
--Bile pigments Blue/Green
--25% aqueous trichloroacetic acid 25ml
--10% aqueous ferric chloride 25ml
Van Gieson Solution
--see "Elastic Van Gieson" Method.
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk