Glutaraldehyde is an extremely toxic substance harmful by ingestion and inhalation. Extremely irritating to eyes. Prolonged skin contact can cause dermatitis and sensitisation.
Wear appropriate protective clothing
If local regulations permit, mop up with plenty of water and run to waste, diluting greatly with running water. Otherwise absorb on an inert absorbent. Transfer to container and arrange removal by disposal company. Ventilate area to dispel residual vapour.
Eyes - Irrigate thoroughly with water for at least 10 minutes - obtain medical attention.
Lungs - Remove from exposure, rest and keep warm. In severe cases obtain medical attention.
Skin - Wash off skin thoroughly with water. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before re-use. In severe cases obtain medical attention.
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk