1. Sections to water.
2. Treat with iron alum for 5 minutes.
3. Wash in water.
4. Stain the nuclei with Mayers haematoxylin for 5 minutes.
5. Blue in tap water then rinse in distilled water.
6. Stain with van Gieson for 5 minutes.
7. Rinse in absolute alcohol.
8. Clear . Mount sections in DPX
--1% acid fuchsin 7.5 mls
--Saturated picric acid 92.5 mls
--Distilled water 100 mls
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk