--Adenosine-5' -monophosphate 4mg
--Distilled water 7.0ml
--Nitro blue tetrazolium (5mg/ml) 2.0ml
--Potassium Chloride 3M 0.7ml
Add potassium chloride slowly while stirring. Adjust pH to 6.1, then add dropwise 5mg. Dithriothreitriol dissolved in 0.3ml distilled water just before using.
1. Incubate at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Rinse briefly in distilled water.
3. Mount in glycerine jelly (see "mount in aqueous mountant").
Deep blue reaction end product more intense in Type 1 muscle fibres.
1. Dithiothreitol attacks electrodes. Avoid contact totally when adjusting
pH of solution.
2. For control use 4mg inosine-5' -monophosphate instead of AMP.
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk