1. Fix slides in acetic/alcohol fixative for 15 minutes.
2. Absolute alcohol 2 minutes.
3. 70% alcohol 2 minutes.
4. 50% alcohol 2 minutes.
5. Tap water 2 minutes.
6. Stain in haematoxylin 4 minutes.
7. Rinse in tap water briefly.
8. Differentiate in acid alcohol 5 seconds.
9. Blue in tap water.
10. Dehydrate in absolute alcohol x2.
11. Stain in orange G 10 seconds.
12. Rinse in absolute alcohol x2.
13. Stain in E.A. 50 2 minutes.
14. Rinse in absolute alcohol x2.
15. Clear in xylene x3.
16. Mount sections in DPX
Acetic Alcohol Fixative.
Add 60 mls of glacial acetic acid to 100 mls of distilled water then add this solution to 2 l of absolute alcohol.
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk