1. Sections to water.
2. Immerse sections in solution in a coplin jar, examine microscopically at 30 sec intervals - up to 5 mins.
3. Wash well in running tap water.
4. Treat with 1% acetic acid - 5 mins.
5. Counterstain with VAN GIESON - 5 mins.
6. Wash in water.
7. Dehydrate, clear . Mount sections in DPX
Late lipofuscins, melanin, liver bile, haematoxylin argentaffin cells, chromaffin cells, sulphydryl groups - varying shades of blue
--1% ferric chloride 37.5ml
--1% potassium ferncyancide 5.0ml
--Distilled water 7.5ml
--Make up fresh
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk