- Wash glass slides in detergent for 30 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in running tap water for 30 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in distilled water 2x5 minutes.
- Wash glass slides in 95% alcohol 2x5 minutes.
- Air dry for 10 minutes.
- Immerse slides in a freshly prepared 2% solution for 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane in dry acetone for 5 seconds.
- Wash briefly in distilled water twice.
- Dry overnight at 42C and store at room temperature.
NB: 300mls of silane solution is sufficient to do 200 slides. Treated slides can be kept indefinitely.
NOTE: No responsibility is assumed by The University of Nottingham or the Queens Medical Centre NHS Trust for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or
otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein. It is the users responsibilty to ensure that all procedures are carried out according to appropriate Health and Safety requirements.
© Copyright 1997 University of Nottingham Medical School Division of Histopathology. This page was last built on Mon, May 5, 1997
with Frontier. Thanks for looking in. Comments to James.Lowe@nottingham.ac.uk