This 12 month course aims to provide you with the technical knowledge and skills to develop the analytical, decision-making and critical powers required to solve civil engineering problems, along with the transferable skills to enable a leading career in civil engineering.
An innovative feature of the MSc Civil Engineering is that the degree title can be augmented to include a subject theme (in this case, structural engineering) by choosing specific modules in the first two semesters and completing a project related to the theme.
As such, you will concentrate on the technical knowledge and skills relevant to the field of structural engineering for the award of MSc Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering.
- We have recently invested over £3m into upgrading our facilities.
- The Faculty of Engineering conducts research that has been recognised by the Research Excellence Framework (2014) as being world-leading or internationally excellent, placing it in the UK’s top ten universities for engineering.
- The department has extensive links with industrial sponsors and other organisations, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Our research is supported by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), UK industrial and commercial companies, UK government departments, charities and the European Union.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for further learning for a chartered engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) undergraduate first degree.
Visit the JBM website for more information.
Presessional English for Academic Purposes
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) runs a 5-week Engineering English language and study skills course. This course is designed in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering to prepare students going onto engineering programmes.
If you are close to the English language level you need to go on to your MSc course and you meet the entry requirements for the relevant CELE course, you may be eligible for a joint offer. This means that:
- you only need one TIER 4 visa and CAS
- you take a 10 or 5-week English Language and Academic Skills preparation course, and then go onto your MSc course
- you have a guaranteed place on the MSc course
- your progression to the MSc is automatic, provided you attend and complete all the coursework
For more details, please visit the CELE website or contact email@example.com.