The International Doctoral Innovation Centre (IDIC) trains the brightest early-career PhD researchers, supporting them in becoming future leaders who can develop innovative solutions to major global challenges.
The IDIC offers a fully funded four-year PhD programme in either the area of digital economy or energy technologies. Students will:
- spend their first year at The University of Nottingham campus in the UK taking taught modules to gain skills across key areas
- spend their final three years at The University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China, to complete their research and a three-month industry internship
Key benefits of the programme include:
- conducting research at an internationally-renowned research university, with direct access to world-class research expertise and facilities
- an attractive financial package
- training to equip students for careers in industry, from global companies to start-ups
- regular seminars and meetings with industry representatives to develop contacts with future employers
- supervision from academic experts in both the UK and China
- career guidance support tailored to individual needs
- Paid tuition fees
- A stipend of £1,015 per month whilst in the UK for the first year.
Opportunity to apply for on-campus accommodation in the UK*
- 3,000 RMB – 5,000 RMB per month stipend plus free single-room accommodation while studying at The University of Nottingham Ningbo China. This will be arranged by the IDIC.
- One return flight between China and the UK**
* The cost of accommodation in the UK should be covered by the students.
**Students are required to purchase flight tickets by themselves, within the guide price provided by the University, and claim the expense back with a cap of 10,000 RMB for a round trip.
- Have an excellent first degree and preferably a masters qualification or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate the ability to conduct world-class interdisciplinary research
- Have achieved a minimum English language qualification:
- IELTS 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in any element)