The Synthetic Biology Research Centre (SBRC) at The University of Nottingham is funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
SBRC objectives are to:
- replace petrochemical derived commodity compounds
- utilise waste greenhouse gases
- alleviate climate change
- facilitate wealth creation through the emerging waste economy
Students who take part in this four-year PhD studentship will benefit from working in a world-leading academic centre and the broader advantages that a doctoral training programme offers.
As well as the traditional elements of a PhD programme, students will benefit from:
- being part of a cohort of students who will help each other realise their potential
- the option of a Professional Internship Placement (PIP)
- training to widen skills and career aspirations
- exposure to wider issues related to their scientific discipline
First or upper-second-class UK Honours degree in a relevant subject.