This 12 month course aims to provide science or engineering graduates from a diversity of backgrounds with a solid grounding in modern bioengineering technologies, together with a strong emphasis in biomechanics and biomaterials. This course will prepare students for a career in an industrial, clinical or research environment, independent learning, and postgraduate research or careers in industry or hospitals.
This course is one of a suite of four closely related bioengineering masters courses that comprise of a common core with the ability to focus on specific aspects of bioengineering.
The course covers material optimisation and engineering of biomedical devices while addressing biological considerations to optimise device performance. Such an approach has a wide application range, incorporating transitory invasive devices to permanent implants for repair, replacement and regenerative treatments. The principles of the course are highly relevant to both the established medical device sector and the emerging regenerative
This multidisciplinary MSc covers practical and theoretical aspect of bioengineering, including:
- cell-biomaterial surface interactions
- materials characterisation
- functionalisation of surface
- biomechanics and mathematical modelling
Presessional English for Academic Purposes
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) runs a 5-week Engineering English language and study skills course. This course isdesigned in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering to prepare students going onto engineering programmes.
If you are close to the English language level you need to go on to your MSc course and you meet the entry requirements for the relevant CELE course, you may be eligible for a joint offer. This means that:
- you only need one TIER 4 visa and CAS
- you take a 10 or 5-week English Language and Academic Skills preparation course, and then go onto your MSc course
- you have a guaranteed place on the MSc course
- your progression to the MSc is automatic, provided you attend and complete all the coursework
For more details, please visit the CELE website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.