The MSc Manufacturing Engineering and Management provides graduates with a broad knowledge and understanding of advanced manufacturing technology, manufacturing management and human factors relevant to industry. The degree covers many aspects of industrial engineering and industrial management and is designed for students who want to appreciate how engineering and management are integrated so that the productivity of industrial and engineering companies is improved, the costs of manufacture are reduced and products and services are delivered when required.
The wide range of optional modules will enable you to develop your interests in specific areas of manufacturing such as sustainable and additive manufacturing, operations management including supply chain management and quality as well as ergonomics and human factors.
The MSc programme is a full-time degree course studied over a period of one calendar year beginning in late September. However the programme may be taken part-time over (up to) three years. This can be done by taking the taught modules flexibly in each semester to accumulate 120 credits in total (The basic structure of each taught semester is 11 weeks of teaching followed by a period for revision and examinations). The individual project worth 60 credits can be started any time after at least 80 credits of taught modules are passed.
- This one year (12 month) course is an exciting collaboration between the Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering and Nottingham University Business School. It is also available part time.
- The Faculty of Engineering conducts research that has been recognised by the Research Excellence Framework (2014) as being world-leading or internationally excellent, placing it in the UK’s top ten universities for engineering.
- Nottingham University Business School is a leading centre for management education and its mission is to be a top ranked international business school, excellent in both teaching and research.
Presessional English for Academic Purposes
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) runs a 5-week Engineering English language and study skills course. This course isdesigned in collaboration with the Faculty of Engineering to prepare students going onto engineering programmes.
If you are close to the English language level you need to go on to your MSc course and you meet the entry requirements for the relevant CELE course, you may be eligible for a joint offer. This means that:
- you only need one TIER 4 visa and CAS
- you take a 10 or 5-week English Language and Academic Skills preparation course, and then go onto your MSc course
- you have a guaranteed place on the MSc course
- your progression to the MSc is automatic, provided you attend and complete all the coursework
For more details, please visit the CELE website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.