Our postgraduate certificate is designed to develop your analytical and critical thinking, improve your competencies to lead and manage change, and give you the skills and knowledge to progress your career into more challenging senior roles.
Postgraduate study is an essential investment in career progression and the pursuit of excellence in care delivery. Flexible and student-centred, the course has been carefully designed to meet the needs of those working in a range of roles and service environments. It is open to both experienced and newly registered health and social care practitioners.
One of the key benefits of the programme is its interprofessional nature, drawing applicants from a wide range of settings. This will lead to fascinating opportunities to learn from each others' experiences and perspectives, build networks and enhance future interdisciplinary working, training and supervision.
During the course, you can choose to follow a specific pathway, tailoring the course to suit your own interests or practice. Go to the 'Course details' tab for pathway details.
We hope you will join us during this challenging and fulfilling stage of your career and we look forward to working with you to achieve your highest goals.
For more information download the Health and Social Care flyer (PDF).
- Rated 4th in the UK for physiotherapy in the Complete University Guide 2015 and 7th for nursing and midwifery in the Guardian University Guide League Tables 2015
- We are a leading environment for world class research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014; 86% of our research activity is rated as world leading and internationally excellent with significant impact on people's health and wellbeing. We have also seen a 35% improvement in the quality of research undertaken in the past five years
- Ranked 5th best in terms of research power in our unit of assessment, a measure which includes the quality of research and number of research active staff according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- 98% of students from nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy who participated in the 2013 Postgraduate Research Experience Survey were satisfied with the experience of their research degree programme
- Our teaching team includes a number of Senior Fellows and Fellows of the Higher Education Academy
- We have a community of over 3,000 students and around 280 academic and support staff