This PG Certificate Physiotherapy is open to all therapists and related healthcare professionals who want to enhance their clinical skills, professional knowledge and critical appraisal abilities as part of their ongoing career development.
It is particularly ideal for those wishing to conduct clinically focused research without the commitment of undertaking a research-only course.
Please note: The PG Certificate Physiotherapy does NOT lead to registration as a physiotherapist.
Within a stimulating climate of evidence-based practice and internationalisation, the School gives you access to world-class facilities and a unique opportunity to learn from expert practitioners, educators and researchers.
The course is grounded in critical analysis and reflective practice, equipping you with the skills to evaluate contemporary professional practice. The various pathways include a strong emphasis on evidence-based practice, physiotherapy theory, research and specialist interests.
Postgraduate study is an essential investment in career progression and the pursuit of excellence in care delivery. We hope you will join us during this challenging and fulfilling stage of your career and we look forward to working with you to achieve your highest goals.
Please note: This is a postgraduate course requiring a minimum of two years' clinical experience. If you would like to train to become a physiotherapist, please see our undergraduate course.
For more information download the Physiotherapy flyer (PDF).
- Rated 4th in the UK for physiotherapy in the Complete University Guide 2015 and 7th for nursing and midwifery in the Guardian University Guide League Tables 2015
- We are a leading environment for world class research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014; 86% of our research activity is rated as world leading and internationally excellent with significant impact on people's health and wellbeing. We have also seen a 35% improvement in the quality of research undertaken in the past five years
- Ranked 5th best in terms of research power in our unit of assessment, a measure which includes the quality of research and number of research active staff according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- 98% of students from nursing, midwifery and physiotherapy who participated in the 2013 Postgraduate Research Experience Survey were satisfied with the experience of their research degree programme
- Our teaching team includes a number of Senior Fellows and Fellows of the Higher Education Academy
- We have a community of over 3,000 students and around 280 academic and support staff